Prejudices and Stereotypes
Create an account on www.mentimeter.com, choose to create a “Word cloud” and present the following questions:
- Under 30: What words come to mind when you think of people of this age-group?
- Over 30: What words come to mind when you think of people of this age-group?
Share the link with the learners to gather their answers and then discuss these questions:
- To which group do you belong?
- Do you feel represented by the used words?
- Which words do you think are appropriate to describe your age group?
- Are there some negative words? How do you feel about them?
Creating connections and breaking down barriers
Without speaking with the other participants form a line respecting the age order. Check the correctness of your choice and discuss the following questions. Alternatively, you can have a volunteer to place everyone in the line.
- How did you established the positions in the line?
- Did you occupy the right place? If not, how do you felt?
- Do you like the place you actually occupy in the line?
- If you could choose, what place would you take?
- What does it mean to be that age? What do you think you could do at that age that you can’t do now?